Welcome to your December Hanover Happenings! Although winter was off to a slow start, that all has changed in the last few weeks....
In this edition of Hanover Happenings, we get updates on:
- The December 5th and 19th Selectboard meetings, where we covered topics such as:
- Some appointments and new hires
- Our tax rate
- Donations made to the town
- Employee recognition
- Rental housing ordinance update
- The monthly Town Manager report, which covered topics such as:
- Several HR/Hiring issues, including finance director and HR director hiring, staff survey and compensation plans, collective bargaining and more
- 2023 - 2024 Budget process
- Downtown Hanover updates
- A community spotlight: We talk with Peter Milliken of Friends of Oak Hill. As Peter and I walk around Storrs Pond, we talk about the history of Oak Hill, the significant local and regional winter sports/skiing needs, the scope of the upgrades being worked on for Oak Hill, and how you can get involved in the major upgrades planned for this key community facility.
- A thank you to all of our staff. I spend a few minutes sharing some personal reflections after our staff holiday party, and why I believe our community is so lucky to have the staff that we do
For all of the Hanover Happenings updates and episodes, you can visit hanoverhappenings.com. Find the monthly reports, agenda, minutes, videos and more at: Hanovernh.org.