Thanks for checking out the third installment of Hanover Happenings! This podcast is aimed to help you be more informed about what's happening in and around Hanover. Is it working? Not working? Send any feedback to our host, Town Manager Alex Torpey at: [email protected]. Sorry for the length of this episode, but I think you'll enjoy this really cool slightly longer Employee Spotlight conversation!
In this episode we cover:
- Selectboard meeting agenda items from September 12th and 26th
- September Town Manager report, including updates on:
- Hiring and Staffing
- Ongoing salary study
- Primary Election Update
- Sustainable Master Plan Update
- Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance Update
- Housing Updates
- Is it budget time already??
- Community/Economic Development
- Mental Health Resources and Access
- A few other updates
- A great interview with our next Employee Spotlight
- This month we talk to Sarah Molesworth, a part-time librarian at the Etna Library, who just took a month off to hike the entire 272 mile Long Trail in Vermont. Check out our conversation!
Resources and links:
- September 12th and 26th Selectboard agenda, packet, backup memos (LED Streetlight conversation maps, HR Memos, Master Plan schedule, and more): https://www.hanovernh.org/node/1221/agenda/2022
- Sustainable Master Plan timeline, documents, and opportunities for public participation: https://hanovernhmasterplan.com
- Municipal Managers Labor, recruitment and retention post I wrote, on Substack: https://hanoverhappenings.substack.com/p/challenges-and-opportunities-facing
- Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance: Backup materials, public meetings, draft documents, FAQs: https://hanovernh.org/rentalhousing
- We've had nearly a dozen opportunities for public input on the ordinance. The formal public hearing is being held in the October 17th Selectboard meeting.