Welcome to Episode #4 of Hanover Happenings for a recap of the month of October! In this month's episode, we cover the following topics:
- Overview of Selectboard meeting agenda items from October 3rd and 17th October Town Manager report, including updates on:
- Hiring and Staffing
- Budget and Finance Director Search
- Ongoing Salary Study
- Election Update
- Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance Update
- Community/Economic Development
- CIVICS update
- A few other updates
- A special chat with New Hampshire Secretary of State Dave Scanlan
- I sit down with the New Hampshire Secretary of State to talk about elections, division, civility, and building trust in government.
- A great interview with our next "Employee/volunteer Spotlight
- This month we talk with Bernie Waugh and Bill Fischel from the Hanover Zoning Board of Adjustment. We talk about about what the ZBA is and isn't, what makes a good ZBA member (Hint: we're accepting volunteer applications), how the ZBA makes decisions, our non-ZBA broader reflections on zoning policy and how that can positively or negatively impact housing markets, and a bit more about Bernie and Bill, two longtime Hanover volunteers. Check out our conversation!
Keep your eyes open for the unedited full interviews in the coming weeks!
- Find agendas, minutes, and meeting videos, as well as backup memos
- More about Hanover's Sustainability goals of 100% renewable electric by 2030 and all sources by 2050:
- Rental Housing Inspection Ordinance:
- Volunteer information and application:
- Congrats to our school district for the distinction:
- Libraries can heal a lonely and divided nation: